Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown barn destroyed by fire
Arriving firefighters encountered heavy fire in a barn at 266 Deefield Road around 11:40 a.m.
"I saw a horse, two ponies and I believe three alpacas," Allenstown Fire Chief Dana Pendergast said. "They were all out of the barn on arrival."
Firefighters stopped the fire from spreading to the house, which was about 100 feet away. The house sustained some melted siding. Pendergast estimated damage to the 40-foot-by-60-foot barn at around $25,000.
Authorities had no cause yet for the fire, and no one was injured.
About 20 firefighters worked the fire from Allenstown, Deerfield, Pembroke, Epsom and Hooksett.
Pendergast said the property owner is listed as Robert Sowa.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax