Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin woman killed in North Country snowmobile crash
Lucie Gagnon, 58, was riding across the pond with her husband when her machine hit an embankment and then the tree. The couple was returning to their camp in Success from a day in Maine.
State Fish and Game officers said the woman's husband and a nurse who was staying at a camp near the scene of the crash attempted to revive the woman, but she had sustained severe trauma in the crash and died at the scene.
Gagnon had been snowmobiling for some 30 years and was wearing a helmet. Fish and Game officers said speed appeared to be a contributing factor in the accident. An investigation is continuing.
On Tuesday, a snowmobiling accident took the life of a Hudson woman in Pittsburg. Pauline Robinson, 47, of Hudson was killed when her snowmobile hit a tree.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief