Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police: Gun toss followed flight
MANCHESTER — A passenger in a vehicle pulled over by police ended up under arrest on a gun charge after police said he fled the scene and tossed a loaded gun as officers were chasing him.
Samuel Ramos Torres, 21, of 174 Central St., was charged with carrying a weapon without a license, falsifying physical evidence and resisting arrest.
The incident happened Saturday about 4:45 p.m. when an officer pulled over a vehicle being driven by Michael Sullivan, 23, of 138 Beech Hill Road at South Beech and Spring Garden Drive. Sullivan was arrested for operating the vehicle after his license was suspended.
Torres was wanted on an electronic bench warrant and when the officer told him he was being arrested, police said Torres ran.
Another officer chased him through a nearby cemetery where he saw Torres allegedly toss an item and continue running. Torres later was found hiding in the backyard of a residence and was arrested.
Police said they found a loaded handgun in the same area where the officer saw Torres throw something away.
In another incident on Sunday, a Newmarket man was arrested for prowling and possessing a controlled drug after he tried to entered a home on Kimball Street.
A caller told police the man appeared to be "dazed" and, after being denied entry, fled the area. Officer Jake Tyler and his K-9 Bud tracked the man to Moore and Bremer streets. He was later identified as Paul Dietterle, 31, of 4 Smith Garrison Road.
Police said Dietterle appeared to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and could not give a reason why he was in the area at 3 a.m. He was arrested for loitering/prowling, and police said when they searched him they found he had an amphetamine on him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483