Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police: Gun toss followed flight
MANCHESTER — A passenger in a vehicle pulled over by police ended up under arrest on a gun charge after police said he fled the scene and tossed a loaded gun as officers were chasing him.
Samuel Ramos Torres, 21, of 174 Central St., was charged with carrying a weapon without a license, falsifying physical evidence and resisting arrest.
The incident happened Saturday about 4:45 p.m. when an officer pulled over a vehicle being driven by Michael Sullivan, 23, of 138 Beech Hill Road at South Beech and Spring Garden Drive. Sullivan was arrested for operating the vehicle after his license was suspended.
Torres was wanted on an electronic bench warrant and when the officer told him he was being arrested, police said Torres ran.
Another officer chased him through a nearby cemetery where he saw Torres allegedly toss an item and continue running. Torres later was found hiding in the backyard of a residence and was arrested.
Police said they found a loaded handgun in the same area where the officer saw Torres throw something away.
In another incident on Sunday, a Newmarket man was arrested for prowling and possessing a controlled drug after he tried to entered a home on Kimball Street.
A caller told police the man appeared to be "dazed" and, after being denied entry, fled the area. Officer Jake Tyler and his K-9 Bud tracked the man to Moore and Bremer streets. He was later identified as Paul Dietterle, 31, of 4 Smith Garrison Road.
Police said Dietterle appeared to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and could not give a reason why he was in the area at 3 a.m. He was arrested for loitering/prowling, and police said when they searched him they found he had an amphetamine on him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Total Votes: 917