Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Merrimack man facing felony charges after motor vehicle stop
MERRIMACK — A routine motor vehicle stop Saturday morning ended with the arrest of the driver on a felony drug charge.
Officer David Turgeon pulled over a 2009 Toyota at 11:20 a.m. on Broad Street after observing a motor vehicle violation. He determined the driver's license was under suspension and asked him to step out of the car.
Police said as Richard W. McGarry, 26, of Sentry Way, was getting out of the Toyota, he tried to hide a small baggie of pills and attempted to pass them on to a minor who was a passenger in the vehicle.
McGarry was arrested and charged with possession of a narcotic drug, Suboxone, a class B felony, and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension. He also is being charged with falsifying physical evidence, a class B felony.
He is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail with a Feb. 19 arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483