Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Merrimack man facing felony charges after motor vehicle stop
MERRIMACK — A routine motor vehicle stop Saturday morning ended with the arrest of the driver on a felony drug charge.
Officer David Turgeon pulled over a 2009 Toyota at 11:20 a.m. on Broad Street after observing a motor vehicle violation. He determined the driver's license was under suspension and asked him to step out of the car.
Police said as Richard W. McGarry, 26, of Sentry Way, was getting out of the Toyota, he tried to hide a small baggie of pills and attempted to pass them on to a minor who was a passenger in the vehicle.
McGarry was arrested and charged with possession of a narcotic drug, Suboxone, a class B felony, and operating a motor vehicle after license suspension. He also is being charged with falsifying physical evidence, a class B felony.
He is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail with a Feb. 19 arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917