Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester man faces charges he assaulted his girlfriend
Manning is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the hair and pulling her to the ground, then getting on top of her and attempting to strangle her. The woman reported her breathing was impaired by Manning’s actions.
Bail is $7,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the woman and not returning to the Sterling Avenue address.
Estella Cruz, 24, of 1470 Elm St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony drug charge that alleges she had 200 Oxycodone pills in her possession Thursday.
Defense attorney William Schultz on Friday asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons to set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for his client, Corey Guay, 24. Prosecutor Andrea Lamy had withdrawn a bail revocation motion filed after Guay was arrested for assault while out on bail.
Schultz said the proposed $30,000 bail is: “Clearly, clearly unreasonable.” Schultz said the alleged victim has a habit of making charges and then calling the public defender’s office and renouncing them “even before we received the file.” As for the latest charge, Schultz said: “The incident here is suspect.”
Says he was invited
Francis Bemis, 52, pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of stalking that alleges he was with his wife in her apartment at 53 Pennacook St., in violation of bail conditions on assault and criminal mischief charges.
Police stopped a driver on Thursday after they said they saw a “hand to hand” drug transaction from the car and then saw the driver commit a motor vehicle infraction in the area of Barry Avenue and Spruce Street.
He was subsequently charged with driving after suspension for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug (marijuana). Police said there was also an electronic bench warrant from Concord for failing to appear on a false report charge.
He was given a notice to appear in Concord Feb. 3 and a police prosecutor said he is also wanted by Boscawen Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College president, Gov. Hassan promise to punish those involved in Keene riots - 5
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy