Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Manchester man faces charges he assaulted his girlfriend
Manning is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the hair and pulling her to the ground, then getting on top of her and attempting to strangle her. The woman reported her breathing was impaired by Manning’s actions.
Bail is $7,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the woman and not returning to the Sterling Avenue address.
Estella Cruz, 24, of 1470 Elm St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony drug charge that alleges she had 200 Oxycodone pills in her possession Thursday.
Defense attorney William Schultz on Friday asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons to set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for his client, Corey Guay, 24. Prosecutor Andrea Lamy had withdrawn a bail revocation motion filed after Guay was arrested for assault while out on bail.
Schultz said the proposed $30,000 bail is: “Clearly, clearly unreasonable.” Schultz said the alleged victim has a habit of making charges and then calling the public defender’s office and renouncing them “even before we received the file.” As for the latest charge, Schultz said: “The incident here is suspect.”
Says he was invited
Francis Bemis, 52, pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of stalking that alleges he was with his wife in her apartment at 53 Pennacook St., in violation of bail conditions on assault and criminal mischief charges.
Police stopped a driver on Thursday after they said they saw a “hand to hand” drug transaction from the car and then saw the driver commit a motor vehicle infraction in the area of Barry Avenue and Spruce Street.
He was subsequently charged with driving after suspension for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug (marijuana). Police said there was also an electronic bench warrant from Concord for failing to appear on a false report charge.
He was given a notice to appear in Concord Feb. 3 and a police prosecutor said he is also wanted by Boscawen Police.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917