Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester man faces charges he assaulted his girlfriend
Manning is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the hair and pulling her to the ground, then getting on top of her and attempting to strangle her. The woman reported her breathing was impaired by Manning’s actions.
Bail is $7,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the woman and not returning to the Sterling Avenue address.
Estella Cruz, 24, of 1470 Elm St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony drug charge that alleges she had 200 Oxycodone pills in her possession Thursday.
Defense attorney William Schultz on Friday asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons to set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for his client, Corey Guay, 24. Prosecutor Andrea Lamy had withdrawn a bail revocation motion filed after Guay was arrested for assault while out on bail.
Schultz said the proposed $30,000 bail is: “Clearly, clearly unreasonable.” Schultz said the alleged victim has a habit of making charges and then calling the public defender’s office and renouncing them “even before we received the file.” As for the latest charge, Schultz said: “The incident here is suspect.”
Says he was invited
Francis Bemis, 52, pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of stalking that alleges he was with his wife in her apartment at 53 Pennacook St., in violation of bail conditions on assault and criminal mischief charges.
Police stopped a driver on Thursday after they said they saw a “hand to hand” drug transaction from the car and then saw the driver commit a motor vehicle infraction in the area of Barry Avenue and Spruce Street.
He was subsequently charged with driving after suspension for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug (marijuana). Police said there was also an electronic bench warrant from Concord for failing to appear on a false report charge.
He was given a notice to appear in Concord Feb. 3 and a police prosecutor said he is also wanted by Boscawen Police.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483