Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester man faces charges he assaulted his girlfriend
Manning is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the hair and pulling her to the ground, then getting on top of her and attempting to strangle her. The woman reported her breathing was impaired by Manning’s actions.
Bail is $7,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the woman and not returning to the Sterling Avenue address.
Estella Cruz, 24, of 1470 Elm St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony drug charge that alleges she had 200 Oxycodone pills in her possession Thursday.
Defense attorney William Schultz on Friday asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons to set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for his client, Corey Guay, 24. Prosecutor Andrea Lamy had withdrawn a bail revocation motion filed after Guay was arrested for assault while out on bail.
Schultz said the proposed $30,000 bail is: “Clearly, clearly unreasonable.” Schultz said the alleged victim has a habit of making charges and then calling the public defender’s office and renouncing them “even before we received the file.” As for the latest charge, Schultz said: “The incident here is suspect.”
Says he was invited
Francis Bemis, 52, pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of stalking that alleges he was with his wife in her apartment at 53 Pennacook St., in violation of bail conditions on assault and criminal mischief charges.
Police stopped a driver on Thursday after they said they saw a “hand to hand” drug transaction from the car and then saw the driver commit a motor vehicle infraction in the area of Barry Avenue and Spruce Street.
He was subsequently charged with driving after suspension for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug (marijuana). Police said there was also an electronic bench warrant from Concord for failing to appear on a false report charge.
He was given a notice to appear in Concord Feb. 3 and a police prosecutor said he is also wanted by Boscawen Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'