Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester man faces charges he assaulted his girlfriend
Manning is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the hair and pulling her to the ground, then getting on top of her and attempting to strangle her. The woman reported her breathing was impaired by Manning’s actions.
Bail is $7,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the woman and not returning to the Sterling Avenue address.
Estella Cruz, 24, of 1470 Elm St., could enter no plea Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony drug charge that alleges she had 200 Oxycodone pills in her possession Thursday.
Defense attorney William Schultz on Friday asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons to set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for his client, Corey Guay, 24. Prosecutor Andrea Lamy had withdrawn a bail revocation motion filed after Guay was arrested for assault while out on bail.
Schultz said the proposed $30,000 bail is: “Clearly, clearly unreasonable.” Schultz said the alleged victim has a habit of making charges and then calling the public defender’s office and renouncing them “even before we received the file.” As for the latest charge, Schultz said: “The incident here is suspect.”
Says he was invited
Francis Bemis, 52, pleaded innocent Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of stalking that alleges he was with his wife in her apartment at 53 Pennacook St., in violation of bail conditions on assault and criminal mischief charges.
Police stopped a driver on Thursday after they said they saw a “hand to hand” drug transaction from the car and then saw the driver commit a motor vehicle infraction in the area of Barry Avenue and Spruce Street.
He was subsequently charged with driving after suspension for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug (marijuana). Police said there was also an electronic bench warrant from Concord for failing to appear on a false report charge.
He was given a notice to appear in Concord Feb. 3 and a police prosecutor said he is also wanted by Boscawen Police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 9
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancÚ, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917