Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
New Boston voters to discuss 2014-15 school district budget
“It was not aimed at any one line item. They wanted to look at a flat 6 percent increase in the general fund,” he said.
New Boston voters will also be asked to approve a warrant article relating to the new AREA agreement with Goffstown. The committee was made up of three school board members from each district, and was approved Jan. 16 by the state Department of Education.
New Boston’s cost for 2014-15 to send students to MVMS is $12,323 per student; it is $12,904 per high school student. In 2013-14, 144 students attended the middle school. Projected enrollments for 2014-15 are 161 students. In 2013-14, 279 students attended the high school; projected enrollments for 2014-15 are 303 students.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Age may change, but not our standards - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A few 'ouches' aside, week went pretty well - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On lice and why Marie Antoinette lost head - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Weighty matters during wait at the DMV - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Frustrations aside, my thanks, plow guys - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Any meaning to groundhog predictions? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Glad to get emails; well, one of 'em, anyway - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'