Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Litchfield’s $5.1M town spending plan goes to voters
At Saturday’s town deliberative session, residents made no amendments to the proposed $5,130,166 budget for 2014. The proposal is about $155,000 more than the existing budget of $4,975,066.
“There are some increases, obviously,” he said of the suggested budget, which would result in a tax rate of $3.58 per $1,000 of assessed valuation for the town portion of the tax rate.
The town was faced with about $90,000 in increases for the upcoming budget, according to Brunelle, explaining insurance and benefit costs are on the rise, as well as increases from Pennichuck Water Co.
Also included in the proposed budget is the purchase of two new police cruisers, in addition to lease payments for two other police cruisers purchased last year.
Although the town budget is being recommended by the Board of Selectmen and the Litchfield Budget Committee, there were three members of the budget panel opposed to the spending plan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 2
- Manchester school chief's contract extended, with raise linked to teachers' - 1
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind