Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Weare voters weigh in on proposed operating budget
In March, voters will be asked to weigh in on the proposed operating budget, a new public works facility, two collective bargaining agreements, and a slew of other proposals that, combined, would raise the tax rate to $4.47 from its current level of $3.30. The increase would equal an additional $234 on a house appraised at $200,000.
The town’s operating budget is proposed at $5,110,673 (default budget is $5,040,892), which marks a 2.25 percent increase over last year’s budget.
The three-year public works contract, which would cost an additional $20,198 in the first year, and would then actually save the town $11,334 in the second year, and $34,642 in the third year will help prevent Weare from being a “training ground” for employees who then find work in other towns for more money, said Redmond. The savings would come from higher contributions to the employees’ health care plans.
Voters will also weigh in on two new police officers, raises for non-union employees, road reconstruction, replacement of several vehicles, including an ambulance and a police cruiser, and smaller ticket items like fireworks, cemetery fencing, and computers for the library.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads