Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $64M spending plan
If the budget and all warrant articles are approved, the total local school tax rate would be 79 cents — 75 cents from the $64,140,242 budget; 3 cents from a $90,834 warrant article for the third year of a three-year contract for secretaries, clerks, teaching assistants and kitchen staff; and 1 cent from a $123,706 warrant article for salary and benefit increases for a new three-year contract for custodial and maintenance staff, which includes increases from 2013-14.
Tim Mayes, school superintendent, said the budget and revenues continue to change and will be updated before the deliberative session.
Other budget items
The proposed budget includes capital improvements:
• Bedford High and Ross A. Lurgio Middle schools: would receive an air-conditioning system for three teacher planning rooms and two special education classrooms for $53,000.
The proposed new programs, estimated to cost $196,000, are for part-time teachers for IB theater, AP statistics, social studies elective, and American Sign Language IV courses at the high school; a part-time Latin teacher for Lurgio; a part-time clerk for McKelvie to support to guidance, nurse and administrators; and an Apple TV and four to five ceiling mounted projectors for each elementary school; voice enhancement systems for two classrooms at Lurgio; two freshmen sports programs for girls volleyball and boys baseball; a Model United Nations Program at the high school; and inventory management software for the district and all schools.
READER COMMENTS: 34
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
- Power shortage: Our environmentalism tax - 18
- Turkeys for all: Thanks and giving in Manchester - 0
- Politics & pipes: Keystone's friends and enemies - 32
- A silenced voice who spoke for those who could not - 2
- Big Green grime: Dartmouth needs a cleaning - 4
- Retaliation? Right-to-know revisions could help - 1
- Classroom inputs: A Nashua literacy experiment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH