Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $64M spending plan
If the budget and all warrant articles are approved, the total local school tax rate would be 79 cents — 75 cents from the $64,140,242 budget; 3 cents from a $90,834 warrant article for the third year of a three-year contract for secretaries, clerks, teaching assistants and kitchen staff; and 1 cent from a $123,706 warrant article for salary and benefit increases for a new three-year contract for custodial and maintenance staff, which includes increases from 2013-14.
Tim Mayes, school superintendent, said the budget and revenues continue to change and will be updated before the deliberative session.
Other budget items
The proposed budget includes capital improvements:
• Bedford High and Ross A. Lurgio Middle schools: would receive an air-conditioning system for three teacher planning rooms and two special education classrooms for $53,000.
The proposed new programs, estimated to cost $196,000, are for part-time teachers for IB theater, AP statistics, social studies elective, and American Sign Language IV courses at the high school; a part-time Latin teacher for Lurgio; a part-time clerk for McKelvie to support to guidance, nurse and administrators; and an Apple TV and four to five ceiling mounted projectors for each elementary school; voice enhancement systems for two classrooms at Lurgio; two freshmen sports programs for girls volleyball and boys baseball; a Model United Nations Program at the high school; and inventory management software for the district and all schools.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four