Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Goffstown voters to mull fire station improvements
The deliberative session takes place Wednesday at 7 p.m., at the Goffstown High School auditorium. The snow date is Thursday at 7 p.m., same location.
The budget consists of $4,717,712 for the police department, an increase of $87,115 from last year; town hall is at $2,379,883, an increase of $75,391; public works at $5,107,687, a decrease of $26,303; fire department at $2,576,457, an increase of $81,963; parks and recreation at $428,333, an increase of $232; town library at $717,710, an increase of $14,589; the town’s capital improvement plan for $1,166,606, an increase of $1,424; the sewer fund at $1,742,762, an increase of $76,224; and the emergency medical services fund at $417,962, an increase of $3,380.
The proposed fire station bond would repair, update and expand the town’s three fire stations at a cost of $4,565,000. If approved, there would be no tax impact in 2014. Bond payments would begin in 2015, resulting in a 27-cent increase to the tax rate for the first year. In subsequent years, the bond payments would add 26 cents to the tax rate per year for 19 years.
Also carrying no tax impact, with money coming from an unreserved fund balance:
• The Town Hall ADA lift bond of $40,000 would replace the existing lift and install an ADA-compliant vertical elevator at Town Hall.
• Police Department Server Virtualization Project would provide upgrades to the servers, data storage and disaster recovery at a cost of $75,000.
A warrant asks voters to support the youth drug, alcohol, and suicide prevention programs of Goffstown’s nonprofit Crispin’s House. The cost is $20,000, with a tax impact of less than 2 cents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Auburn Child Find clinic set - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 5
- Londonderry band takes 1 trip for 2 parades - 0
- Londonderry students rewarded with indoor 'snowball' fight - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- $1 million cut from Nashua school budget - 0
- Video on molestation, shown to Manchester 3rd graders, upsets parents - 19
- Claremont high school’s renovation causes upset, sparks inspection - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced