Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Goffstown voters to mull fire station improvements
The deliberative session takes place Wednesday at 7 p.m., at the Goffstown High School auditorium. The snow date is Thursday at 7 p.m., same location.
The budget consists of $4,717,712 for the police department, an increase of $87,115 from last year; town hall is at $2,379,883, an increase of $75,391; public works at $5,107,687, a decrease of $26,303; fire department at $2,576,457, an increase of $81,963; parks and recreation at $428,333, an increase of $232; town library at $717,710, an increase of $14,589; the town’s capital improvement plan for $1,166,606, an increase of $1,424; the sewer fund at $1,742,762, an increase of $76,224; and the emergency medical services fund at $417,962, an increase of $3,380.
The proposed fire station bond would repair, update and expand the town’s three fire stations at a cost of $4,565,000. If approved, there would be no tax impact in 2014. Bond payments would begin in 2015, resulting in a 27-cent increase to the tax rate for the first year. In subsequent years, the bond payments would add 26 cents to the tax rate per year for 19 years.
Also carrying no tax impact, with money coming from an unreserved fund balance:
• The Town Hall ADA lift bond of $40,000 would replace the existing lift and install an ADA-compliant vertical elevator at Town Hall.
• Police Department Server Virtualization Project would provide upgrades to the servers, data storage and disaster recovery at a cost of $75,000.
A warrant asks voters to support the youth drug, alcohol, and suicide prevention programs of Goffstown’s nonprofit Crispin’s House. The cost is $20,000, with a tax impact of less than 2 cents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Find the hidden cash stashed downtown - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Comicon characters may take over city - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond