Home » News » Public Safety
Deadly toll on New Hampshire's snowmobile trails this season
A Berlin woman died Saturday night after her snowmobile hit a tree as she rode with her husband across Success Pond in Success township.
State Fish and Game officers said the woman's husband and a nurse who was staying at a camp near the scene of the crash attempted to revive the woman, but she had sustained severe trauma and died at the scene.
On Tuesday, a snowmobiling accident took the life of a Hudson woman in Pittsburg. Pauline Robinson, 47, of Hudson was killed when her snowmobile hit a tree.
Two other serious snowmobile crashes were reported in Pittsburg earlier this season. A Florida man was hurt on Jan. 12 and a Massachusetts woman was injured in a crash on Stewart Young Road in Pittsburg on Dec. 28.
In the 2012-13 winter season, at least four deaths were reported involving snowmobiles in the state.
In January of last year, a 29-year-old Shelburne man died after a snowmobile accident on the Gorham Pipeline trail. The man was found the next day after a bitterly cold night in the woods, but later died at Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen