Home » News » Public Safety
Deadly toll on New Hampshire's snowmobile trails this season
A Berlin woman died Saturday night after her snowmobile hit a tree as she rode with her husband across Success Pond in Success township.
State Fish and Game officers said the woman's husband and a nurse who was staying at a camp near the scene of the crash attempted to revive the woman, but she had sustained severe trauma and died at the scene.
On Tuesday, a snowmobiling accident took the life of a Hudson woman in Pittsburg. Pauline Robinson, 47, of Hudson was killed when her snowmobile hit a tree.
Two other serious snowmobile crashes were reported in Pittsburg earlier this season. A Florida man was hurt on Jan. 12 and a Massachusetts woman was injured in a crash on Stewart Young Road in Pittsburg on Dec. 28.
In the 2012-13 winter season, at least four deaths were reported involving snowmobiles in the state.
In January of last year, a 29-year-old Shelburne man died after a snowmobile accident on the Gorham Pipeline trail. The man was found the next day after a bitterly cold night in the woods, but later died at Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help