Home » News » Public Safety
Deadly toll on New Hampshire's snowmobile trails this season
A Berlin woman died Saturday night after her snowmobile hit a tree as she rode with her husband across Success Pond in Success township.
State Fish and Game officers said the woman's husband and a nurse who was staying at a camp near the scene of the crash attempted to revive the woman, but she had sustained severe trauma and died at the scene.
On Tuesday, a snowmobiling accident took the life of a Hudson woman in Pittsburg. Pauline Robinson, 47, of Hudson was killed when her snowmobile hit a tree.
Two other serious snowmobile crashes were reported in Pittsburg earlier this season. A Florida man was hurt on Jan. 12 and a Massachusetts woman was injured in a crash on Stewart Young Road in Pittsburg on Dec. 28.
In the 2012-13 winter season, at least four deaths were reported involving snowmobiles in the state.
In January of last year, a 29-year-old Shelburne man died after a snowmobile accident on the Gorham Pipeline trail. The man was found the next day after a bitterly cold night in the woods, but later died at Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 5
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's