Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Woman charged in Nashua fire that involved rescue of four
NASHUA – A woman is under arrest, charged with reckless conduct for discarding a lit cigarette in a second-floor hallway of a Beard Street apartment house, trapping four people — including herself — who then had to be rescued by firefighters.
Maliea Martin, 25, who has no fixed address, is accused of causing the Jan. 24 fire at 5 Beard St. that trapped her, another adult and two children ages 2 and 3. The four were hanging out a second-floor window when firefighters arrived on scene just after midnight.
Police said Martin tossed a lit cigarette onto some flammable materials in the hallway. The subsequent fire blocked her and the others from going out that door and forced them to the window.
Martin was held on $15,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
The reckless conduct charge is a class B felony punishable by up to seven years in prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Total Votes: 917