Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Clerics react to news, say other clergy should not be affected
"There was money taken from Catholic Medical Center and from the estate of Monsignor (John) Molan ... His life is ruined," the priest added.
"I think most people will not think worse of their own parish priest," he said.
A member of the Voice of the Faithful lay group, Disco added: "We certainly had contentious relations with Fr. Arsenault over the (clergy) sexual abuse crisis, particularly his handling of state audits of the diocese's abuse policy. This is no doubt a difficult time for him, but I hope the future holds promise for his ministry."
"I'm glad things are coming to light. We are not wondering anymore," the Rev. C. Peter Dumont said.
Arsenault sent a letter by email to priests of the diocese and former colleagues in diocesan ministry in which he "accepted responsibility for my failings" and said he is "prepared to make my amends."
"One of the thing I learned when I was a police officer was that anyone can be capable of anything. All it takes is a minute of saying no to God's grace. We are all human beings," said the Rev. Thomas Steinmetz, a retired Manchester police lieutenant who is pastor of Our Lady of Cedars Parish, an Eastern Catholic church in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua