Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Ex-chancellor admits stealing from diocese, CMC, friend's estate
"I broke the law and violated the trust of others. I am prepared to accept the consequences for having done so, to make restitution and to face the penalty for having committed these crimes," the letter reads.
In May, New Hampshire State Police and the FBI started investigating Arsenault, when the Diocese of Manchester announced that allegations had surfaced about Arsenault's involvement in illegal financial transactions and an "inappropriate adult relationship."
Jane Young, who oversees criminal prosecutions in the Attorney General's Office, said Monday's announcement concludes the investigation into Arsenault.
In their announcement, prosecutors said they would recommend a reduced sentence for the Catholic Medical Center-related theft case as long as Arsenault continues to cooperate with the investigation.
According to files at Rockingham County Probate Court, Arsenault was the executor for the estate of the Rev. Msgr. John E. Molan, who died on June 13, 2010. The records give no hint of impropriety. Arsenault reported that he paid himself $7,500 from the $277,000 estate for executor duties.
Monday's statement was issued by New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster and U.S. Attorney John Kacavas. It said thefts from the Diocese took place between 2005 and last year.
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests said clergy sexual abuse victims and Catholics were betrayed and misled time and again by Arsenault, his colleagues and supervisors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Total Votes: 917