Peterborough teacher ready to take on ex-Bruins players
On Sunday, she’ll square off against them at the 4th annual Boston Bruins Alumni Classic.
Crotched Mountain Wild
She played hockey throughout high school and at Plymouth State University. And now she’s playing as a member of the Crotched Mountain Wild, a team of employees and friends of the Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center in Greenfield.
Making sports accessible
Proceeds from the game help fund the CMARS program, which helps people with disabilities find ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
Garfinkle said that in the last three years, the annual games have raised $70,000 for adaptive equipment, scholarships to help those in need participate in CMARS programs and a broader array of offerings.
“I’m very excited about this,” she said. “My dad actually played in an alumni game years ago, and I got to watch. It’s going to be a great game of hockey.”
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Health insurance help offered in three languages at Elliot facilities - 0
- Ayotte says medical device tax a crusher - 22
- Aetna expects to lose money on Obamacare exchanges despite recent pickup in business - 2
- Feds to look at Obamacare networks after Shea-Porter request - 27
- Shea-Porter tells Obama 'some people' should resign over flawed ACA roll-out - 18
- Congressional Budget Office says Obamacare will cost nation 2M jobs - 17
- Congressional Budget Office estimates Obamacare will cost nation 2.3M jobs - 88
- Youth participation low in ACA signups - 11
- Lawsuit targets Congress' health subsidy - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus