Peterborough teacher ready to take on ex-Bruins players
On Sunday, she’ll square off against them at the 4th annual Boston Bruins Alumni Classic.
Crotched Mountain Wild
She played hockey throughout high school and at Plymouth State University. And now she’s playing as a member of the Crotched Mountain Wild, a team of employees and friends of the Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center in Greenfield.
Making sports accessible
Proceeds from the game help fund the CMARS program, which helps people with disabilities find ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
Garfinkle said that in the last three years, the annual games have raised $70,000 for adaptive equipment, scholarships to help those in need participate in CMARS programs and a broader array of offerings.
“I’m very excited about this,” she said. “My dad actually played in an alumni game years ago, and I got to watch. It’s going to be a great game of hockey.”
READER COMMENTS: 40
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
- Power shortage: Our environmentalism tax - 18
- Turkeys for all: Thanks and giving in Manchester - 0
- Politics & pipes: Keystone's friends and enemies - 32
- A silenced voice who spoke for those who could not - 2
- Big Green grime: Dartmouth needs a cleaning - 4
- Retaliation? Right-to-know revisions could help - 1
- Classroom inputs: A Nashua literacy experiment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH