Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Wanted Manchester man arrested after police standoff
Akim Alleyne, 23, last known address of 112 Amherst St., was wanted for failing to appear in court.
At noon on Tuesday, police along with SWAT members arrived at 402 Auburn St. , where they believed Alleyne was located. Additional SWAT members were called to the scene when Alleyne, who police believed was armed with a handgun, refused to leave the apartment.
After about 90 minutes, Alleyne peacefully surrendered, police said. Investigators did not find a handgun.
He was arrested and charged with resisting detention/arrest, as well as on the original warrant and bail condition violation.
Police also arrested two other people - a brother and sister - after police said they became loud and boisterous and refused to leave the scene.
James Seckman, 21, and Darlene Seckman, 20, who both reside at the 402 Auburn St., were walking within 15 feet of the building where police said Alleyne was hiding. The Seckmans were asked to leave the area for their and others safety.
Ultimately, Officer Joe Voveris physically escorted Darlene Seckman across the street. When he did, police said James Seckman pushed the officer and both brother and sister allegedly continued yelling and swearing.
Both were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. James Seckman also was charged with simple assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483