Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Little discussion at Weare’s school district deliberative session
WEARE — Though some typographical errors need to be fixed before people vote on the Weare School District ballot come March, the rest of the district’s proposals will remain intact following Tuesday night’s deliberative session.
“It’s time for us to step up and make these changes,” he said.
A two-year collective bargaining agreement between the district and the Weare Education Association calls for a 3 percent increase to the base salary scale along with pay increases for some teachers. The agreement also includes changes to the health care plans requiring teachers to pay more for things like co-pays and deductibles.
The support staff contract includes raises for the staff but won’t go into effect until the 2014-2015 school year. Thus the first year of the contract will have no cost to the taxpayers, but in 2014 it will cost $34,098 and in 2015 it will be $57,411.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 15
- Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed - 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire