Home » News » Public Safety
Bristol pair remain in critical condition after hitting backhoe
The scene on Route 104 Monday of an accident that left two Bristol residents in critical condition. (COURTESY BRISTOL POLICE)
BRISTOL — Two Bristol residents remained in critical condition late Wednesday after a collision between their SUV and a state backhoe on Route 104 on Monday.
Both are expected to survive, and both are facing charges when they get well, police said. The driver faces a gun charge and potentially drugged-driving charges.
A 2004 Dodge Durango operated by Jason Brown, 29, of 140 School St., crossed the yellow line striking a state John Deere backhoe head-on.
An investigation was conducted into the accident, and “charges will be forthcoming for Jason Brown for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, as a habitual offender, and as a felon in possession of a firearm,” Bean said.
“I can’t discuss what was found, but we found evidence after the accident that drug use was ongoing in the vehicle,” Bean said.
“She made several reports to police after the accident that were false,” Bean said, declining to elaborate.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof