Home » News » Public Safety
Bristol pair remain in critical condition after hitting backhoe
The scene on Route 104 Monday of an accident that left two Bristol residents in critical condition. (COURTESY BRISTOL POLICE)
BRISTOL — Two Bristol residents remained in critical condition late Wednesday after a collision between their SUV and a state backhoe on Route 104 on Monday.
Both are expected to survive, and both are facing charges when they get well, police said. The driver faces a gun charge and potentially drugged-driving charges.
A 2004 Dodge Durango operated by Jason Brown, 29, of 140 School St., crossed the yellow line striking a state John Deere backhoe head-on.
An investigation was conducted into the accident, and “charges will be forthcoming for Jason Brown for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, as a habitual offender, and as a felon in possession of a firearm,” Bean said.
“I can’t discuss what was found, but we found evidence after the accident that drug use was ongoing in the vehicle,” Bean said.
“She made several reports to police after the accident that were false,” Bean said, declining to elaborate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name