Home » News » Public Safety
Remains identified as missing North Conway man
DNA test results two weeks ago positively identified the remains, Conway Police Lt. Christopher Perley said Tuesday.
Sweeney was 52 years old when he disappeared. He was free on bail after being charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated nine days earlier. Sweeney had been upset that he was involved in a collision that left a motorcyclist injured, Perley said.
Sweeney left a note suggesting he might considering doing harm to himself and left without his diabetes medications, which he needed to survive, Perley added.
Conway police and fire and conservation officers extensively searched the Whittaker Woods area of Cranmore Mountain in northern North Conway without locating Sweeney.
Search crews looking for missing Conway teen Abigail Conway last October came upon the remains south of Whittaker Woods at the base of Cranmore Mountain Resort, Perley said.
There is no indication of foul play.
Hernandez, 15, still is missing. The investigation into her disappearance remains active.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 5
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection