Home » News » Public Safety
Remains identified as missing North Conway man
DNA test results two weeks ago positively identified the remains, Conway Police Lt. Christopher Perley said Tuesday.
Sweeney was 52 years old when he disappeared. He was free on bail after being charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated nine days earlier. Sweeney had been upset that he was involved in a collision that left a motorcyclist injured, Perley said.
Sweeney left a note suggesting he might considering doing harm to himself and left without his diabetes medications, which he needed to survive, Perley added.
Conway police and fire and conservation officers extensively searched the Whittaker Woods area of Cranmore Mountain in northern North Conway without locating Sweeney.
Search crews looking for missing Conway teen Abigail Conway last October came upon the remains south of Whittaker Woods at the base of Cranmore Mountain Resort, Perley said.
There is no indication of foul play.
Hernandez, 15, still is missing. The investigation into her disappearance remains active.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 19
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation