Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Nashua declares snow emergency until midnight
"Parking of cars on the street and in the municipal surface lots is prohibited during this time," says a posting from the Nashua Office of Emergency Management. "Free parking will be available in the Elm Street and High Street garages during the snow emergency."
City officials are warning that vehicles remaining on the street during the snow emergency will be towed, and a fine of $295 will be issued to retrieve a towed vehicle.
"Depending on the duration of the storm and snowfall amounts, crews may need extensive time once the storm ends to clean all street and sidewalk routes," says the release.
For more information, the Nashua Public Works snow line is available at 589-4795.
City schools are not in session on Wednesday because of the storm.
In addition, the scheduled aldermanic Finance Committee for Wednesday evening has been canceled. It will now take place on Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill