Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Nashua declares snow emergency until midnight
"Parking of cars on the street and in the municipal surface lots is prohibited during this time," says a posting from the Nashua Office of Emergency Management. "Free parking will be available in the Elm Street and High Street garages during the snow emergency."
City officials are warning that vehicles remaining on the street during the snow emergency will be towed, and a fine of $295 will be issued to retrieve a towed vehicle.
"Depending on the duration of the storm and snowfall amounts, crews may need extensive time once the storm ends to clean all street and sidewalk routes," says the release.
For more information, the Nashua Public Works snow line is available at 589-4795.
City schools are not in session on Wednesday because of the storm.
In addition, the scheduled aldermanic Finance Committee for Wednesday evening has been canceled. It will now take place on Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?