Oratorical Final set for Saturday at St. A
Legion oratory final is on Saturday
GOFFSTOWN — The state American Legion High School Oratorical Final is Saturday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m. at The N.H. Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College.
The program is expected to be finished by about noon, when the finalists will be announced and prizes awarded.
For more information, contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882, 748-0876 or by email at email@example.com.
Meredith post event
A $5 donation is requested. There is no smoking at this event.
Derry Post events
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will host music by Shadow at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8.
On Feb. 9, a baffle raffle is at 2 p.m., sponsored by the men’s and ladies’ auxiliary.
On Feb. 15 at 7 p.m., music is by B&B. Admission is free.
On Feb. 16, there will be a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post events
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its annual Valentine Day dinner dance Saturday, Feb. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and are available at the bar.
On Sunday, the monthly breakfast hosted by the ladies auxiliary is from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
PELHAM — The John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will hold a veterans benefit dinner on Friday, Feb. 7, at the post on Main Street. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Admission $8, $5 for children under 12.
Contact Mark McCabe at 635-1540, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pelhamweb.org/vfw for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 0
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 0
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 7
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 17
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'