Oratorical Final set for Saturday at St. A
Legion oratory final is on Saturday
GOFFSTOWN — The state American Legion High School Oratorical Final is Saturday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m. at The N.H. Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College.
The program is expected to be finished by about noon, when the finalists will be announced and prizes awarded.
For more information, contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882, 748-0876 or by email at email@example.com.
Meredith post event
A $5 donation is requested. There is no smoking at this event.
Derry Post events
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will host music by Shadow at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8.
On Feb. 9, a baffle raffle is at 2 p.m., sponsored by the men’s and ladies’ auxiliary.
On Feb. 15 at 7 p.m., music is by B&B. Admission is free.
On Feb. 16, there will be a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post events
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its annual Valentine Day dinner dance Saturday, Feb. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and are available at the bar.
On Sunday, the monthly breakfast hosted by the ladies auxiliary is from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
PELHAM — The John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will hold a veterans benefit dinner on Friday, Feb. 7, at the post on Main Street. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Admission $8, $5 for children under 12.
Contact Mark McCabe at 635-1540, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pelhamweb.org/vfw for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's