Oratorical Final set for Saturday at St. A
Legion oratory final is on Saturday
GOFFSTOWN — The state American Legion High School Oratorical Final is Saturday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m. at The N.H. Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College.
The program is expected to be finished by about noon, when the finalists will be announced and prizes awarded.
For more information, contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882, 748-0876 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meredith post event
A $5 donation is requested. There is no smoking at this event.
Derry Post events
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will host music by Shadow at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8.
On Feb. 9, a baffle raffle is at 2 p.m., sponsored by the men’s and ladies’ auxiliary.
On Feb. 15 at 7 p.m., music is by B&B. Admission is free.
On Feb. 16, there will be a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post events
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its annual Valentine Day dinner dance Saturday, Feb. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and are available at the bar.
On Sunday, the monthly breakfast hosted by the ladies auxiliary is from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
PELHAM — The John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will hold a veterans benefit dinner on Friday, Feb. 7, at the post on Main Street. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Admission $8, $5 for children under 12.
Contact Mark McCabe at 635-1540, email email@example.com or visit www.pelhamweb.org/vfw for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Conway juggles a hot potato after town budget-cap amendment - 0
- Fire station improvements among top Goffstown issues - 0
- Decision day in Hooksett on move to Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Goshen voters decide to end district ties with Lempster - 0
- Whitefield considers expanding the Career and Technical Center - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus