Oratorical Final set for Saturday at St. A
Legion oratory final is on Saturday
GOFFSTOWN — The state American Legion High School Oratorical Final is Saturday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m. at The N.H. Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College.
The program is expected to be finished by about noon, when the finalists will be announced and prizes awarded.
For more information, contact Rich Dahlgren, public relations chairman, at 456-2882, 748-0876 or by email at email@example.com.
Meredith post event
A $5 donation is requested. There is no smoking at this event.
Derry Post events
DERRY — VFW Post 1617 will host music by Shadow at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8.
On Feb. 9, a baffle raffle is at 2 p.m., sponsored by the men’s and ladies’ auxiliary.
On Feb. 15 at 7 p.m., music is by B&B. Admission is free.
On Feb. 16, there will be a penny social at 2 p.m.
Sweeney Post events
MANCHESTER — Henry J. Sweeney Post 2, 251 Maple St., will hold its annual Valentine Day dinner dance Saturday, Feb. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and are available at the bar.
On Sunday, the monthly breakfast hosted by the ladies auxiliary is from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
PELHAM — The John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722 VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will hold a veterans benefit dinner on Friday, Feb. 7, at the post on Main Street. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Admission $8, $5 for children under 12.
Contact Mark McCabe at 635-1540, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pelhamweb.org/vfw for more information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
- Local author to talk about soul, spirituality - 0
- Church of Our Saviour to host harp concert following Christmas fair - 0
- Keene church to host talk on fair pay - 0
- Historic bell to ring again at Manchester church - 0
- Right Rev. Mark Dyer, Episcopal bishop and Manchester native, dies at 84 - 0
- Peterborough approves plans for construction of Buddhist temple - 0
- Vendors cry foul as Vatican reins in papal blessings sales - 0
- Grace Ministries to host its annual Christmas Tea - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers