Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Despondent woman helped by Manchester police
The 18-year-old woman from Mattapan, Mass., whose name was not released, was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Police were called about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a suicidal woman outside a 221 Spruce St. apartment building and officers Fred Gillis and Marc Lachance of the Community Policing Division Mounted Unit responded.
Gillis immediately began talking to the despondent woman, who also was highly agitated and on more than one occasion told the officers to "shoot her."
Police said Gillis, a member of the SWAT team, maintained a cool, calm demeanor and after a brief period of time, convinced the woman to put down the knife.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483