Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Despondent woman helped by Manchester police
The 18-year-old woman from Mattapan, Mass., whose name was not released, was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Police were called about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a suicidal woman outside a 221 Spruce St. apartment building and officers Fred Gillis and Marc Lachance of the Community Policing Division Mounted Unit responded.
Gillis immediately began talking to the despondent woman, who also was highly agitated and on more than one occasion told the officers to "shoot her."
Police said Gillis, a member of the SWAT team, maintained a cool, calm demeanor and after a brief period of time, convinced the woman to put down the knife.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483