Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Despondent woman helped by Manchester police
The 18-year-old woman from Mattapan, Mass., whose name was not released, was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Police were called about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a suicidal woman outside a 221 Spruce St. apartment building and officers Fred Gillis and Marc Lachance of the Community Policing Division Mounted Unit responded.
Gillis immediately began talking to the despondent woman, who also was highly agitated and on more than one occasion told the officers to "shoot her."
Police said Gillis, a member of the SWAT team, maintained a cool, calm demeanor and after a brief period of time, convinced the woman to put down the knife.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 2
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape - 11
- Man accused of blocking ambulance at Derry house fire - 5
- Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man misses court date while in jail - 0
- Former youth baseball coach convicted a second time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917