Chester hires new superintendent of schools
Darrell Lockwood, the current superintendent of the Masconomet Regional School District in Topsfield, Mass., will take over from retiring Chester Superintendent James Gaylord on July 1. Lockwood, 60, served as Goffstown superintendent for 10 years, from 1998 to 2008.
“This is an opportunity for me to return and do some work in New Hampshire, and I’m excited about it,” Lockwood said Thursday.
“I have to retire, and my wife is telling me exactly that,” Gaylord said. This will mark the second time he has retired, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too