Chester hires new superintendent of schools
Darrell Lockwood, the current superintendent of the Masconomet Regional School District in Topsfield, Mass., will take over from retiring Chester Superintendent James Gaylord on July 1. Lockwood, 60, served as Goffstown superintendent for 10 years, from 1998 to 2008.
“This is an opportunity for me to return and do some work in New Hampshire, and I’m excited about it,” Lockwood said Thursday.
“I have to retire, and my wife is telling me exactly that,” Gaylord said. This will mark the second time he has retired, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate