Home » News » Public Safety
Four injured in Pittsfield plow collision
The collision occurred just after 8 a.m. as a town plow was piling snow in a spot off the roadway, said Officer Joseph McCormack. The plow backed onto the road and the collision occurred, he said.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident to determine which driver was at fault.
There were "distractions" that could have been factors in the crash, McCormack said.
"We're looking into whether solar glare, which has been strong lately, may have distracted one of the drivers," he said.
McCormack would not identify the drivers or accident victims Friday morning.
The 18-year-old, who was the most seriously hurt, had to be extricated from the vehicle using Jaws of Life rescue equipment, he said.
"The three juveniles were able to walk to the ambulance," he said.
The driver of the town truck was not seriously injured.
The occupants of the pickup truck were a brother and sister and two other boys, he said. All were on their way to Pittsfield High School for school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare