Home » News » Public Safety
Four injured in Pittsfield plow collision
The collision occurred just after 8 a.m. as a town plow was piling snow in a spot off the roadway, said Officer Joseph McCormack. The plow backed onto the road and the collision occurred, he said.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident to determine which driver was at fault.
There were "distractions" that could have been factors in the crash, McCormack said.
"We're looking into whether solar glare, which has been strong lately, may have distracted one of the drivers," he said.
McCormack would not identify the drivers or accident victims Friday morning.
The 18-year-old, who was the most seriously hurt, had to be extricated from the vehicle using Jaws of Life rescue equipment, he said.
"The three juveniles were able to walk to the ambulance," he said.
The driver of the town truck was not seriously injured.
The occupants of the pickup truck were a brother and sister and two other boys, he said. All were on their way to Pittsfield High School for school.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 3
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 22
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist