Home » News » Public Safety
Four injured in Pittsfield plow collision
The collision occurred just after 8 a.m. as a town plow was piling snow in a spot off the roadway, said Officer Joseph McCormack. The plow backed onto the road and the collision occurred, he said.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident to determine which driver was at fault.
There were "distractions" that could have been factors in the crash, McCormack said.
"We're looking into whether solar glare, which has been strong lately, may have distracted one of the drivers," he said.
McCormack would not identify the drivers or accident victims Friday morning.
The 18-year-old, who was the most seriously hurt, had to be extricated from the vehicle using Jaws of Life rescue equipment, he said.
"The three juveniles were able to walk to the ambulance," he said.
The driver of the town truck was not seriously injured.
The occupants of the pickup truck were a brother and sister and two other boys, he said. All were on their way to Pittsfield High School for school.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'