Home » News » Public Safety
Four injured in Pittsfield plow collision
The collision occurred just after 8 a.m. as a town plow was piling snow in a spot off the roadway, said Officer Joseph McCormack. The plow backed onto the road and the collision occurred, he said.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident to determine which driver was at fault.
There were "distractions" that could have been factors in the crash, McCormack said.
"We're looking into whether solar glare, which has been strong lately, may have distracted one of the drivers," he said.
McCormack would not identify the drivers or accident victims Friday morning.
The 18-year-old, who was the most seriously hurt, had to be extricated from the vehicle using Jaws of Life rescue equipment, he said.
"The three juveniles were able to walk to the ambulance," he said.
The driver of the town truck was not seriously injured.
The occupants of the pickup truck were a brother and sister and two other boys, he said. All were on their way to Pittsfield High School for school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms