Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Temple bed and breakfast
Firefighters were called to the Herbal Living Bed and Breakfast at 242 General Miller Highway in Temple when an automatic fire alarm went off at about 2:30 p.m.. The first fire crews on the scene saw nothing showing outside the house but looked inside windows and noticed smoke inside the building.
"We had a heavy smoke condition," said Temple Fire Chief George Clark. "As we worked our way up and followed the walls, that's when the flames took off and shot to the third floor."
In addition to the Temple Fire Department, crews from Wilton, Milford, Lyndeborough, Greenville, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Dublin and Mason responded to the fire scene, and Mont Vernon firefighters provided coverage for the Temple fire house.
Clark ordered second and third alarms to battle the flames, and said firefighters managed to contain the fire to the area around the point of origin and the floors above. One major addition to the building was saved from the flames.
"One half of the house and the second floor got the worst of it," Clark said. "I think they can rebuild."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief