Union Leader, Sunday News earn awards
“These awards reflect the newspapers’ government watchdog role and the talented writers and editors we have on staff,” said Managing Editor Amy J. Vellucci. “I’m proud of everyone for the efforts they put forth every day to produce high-quality newspapers and web sites.”
Staff Writer Kathyrn Marchocki and former Union Leader Correspondent Simon Rios earned first place in the category of crime and courts reporting for a series about the brutal attack on Dr. Eduardo Quesada and his wife in Bedford. Marchocki also garnered second place in the religion reporting category for her story about Latino reaction to Pope Francis’ election.
Tim Buckland garnered first place for his local personality profile on a pediatric surgeon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 1
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change