Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Nashua man allegedly assaulted wife after she ripped up tax forms
NASHUA -- A city man is under arrest for allegedly assaulting his wife during a dispute over their taxes.
Police say that Ilil Retezatu and his spouse, Adela-Bianca Berindei, were arguing about their taxes on Sunday morning when Retezatu allegedly became violent.
Retezatu, 30, of 89 Lake St., apt. 12, is facing three charges of domestic violence simple assault, and one charge each of obstructing the report of a crime and a felony count of second-degree assault.
According to court documents, Retezatu allegedly hit Berindei in the face, prompting her to try and call police during the incident. Berindei told authorities that her husband allegedly pulled the phone from her hands and punched her in the stomach, causing her to fall.
"She stated that she was thrown to the ground and that Retezatu placed his hands around her neck and began to choke her to the point where she could not breathe," says a police affidavit filed by Officer Michael Sullivan of the Nashua Police Department.
The initial argument ensued when she ripped up the couple's tax forms and he allegedly slapped her in the face, according to court documents on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Although he admitted to hitting his wife, Retezatu denied choking her during the attack, says court records.
"The victim received minor injuries during the incident," police said in a release.
If convicted, Retezatu could face up to seven years in prison for the felony assault charge.
During his arraignment on Monday, Judge Michael Ryan set bail at $50,000 cash and ordered Retezatu to have no contact with his wife, 37.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus