Mixed NECAP student test results in Nashua
Like others, Farrington stressed that one set of test scores is a snapshot, not a detailed picture, and many other factors are at play in measuring student achievement.
As a district, Nashua’s elementary school scores mirror statewide scores. In New Hampshire, 77 percent of all third-graders who took the test scored proficient in reading, while 73 percent of Nashua third-graders were either proficient, Level 3, or proficient with distinction, Level 4.
Among sixth-graders at Fairgrounds Elementary School, 55 percent were proficient in reading, while 35 percent were proficient in math.
“Those early years are where we will make some headwinds,” he said.At the other end of the district, 60 percent of Nashua’s junior class scored proficient in reading, while 24 percent were proficient in math and 42 percent were proficient in writing.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 22
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 14
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 6
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts - 0
- Wall Street has best 2-day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 2
- Shipyard to hire 715 in next year - 2
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules