Mixed NECAP student test results in Nashua
Like others, Farrington stressed that one set of test scores is a snapshot, not a detailed picture, and many other factors are at play in measuring student achievement.
As a district, Nashua’s elementary school scores mirror statewide scores. In New Hampshire, 77 percent of all third-graders who took the test scored proficient in reading, while 73 percent of Nashua third-graders were either proficient, Level 3, or proficient with distinction, Level 4.
Among sixth-graders at Fairgrounds Elementary School, 55 percent were proficient in reading, while 35 percent were proficient in math.
“Those early years are where we will make some headwinds,” he said.At the other end of the district, 60 percent of Nashua’s junior class scored proficient in reading, while 24 percent were proficient in math and 42 percent were proficient in writing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
- Futures Lab offers a glimpse at college, career - 0
- Scholarship established at Kimball Union Academy to honor slain journalist - 0
- Claremont extends school days after renovation delays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out