Mixed NECAP student test results in Nashua
Like others, Farrington stressed that one set of test scores is a snapshot, not a detailed picture, and many other factors are at play in measuring student achievement.
As a district, Nashua’s elementary school scores mirror statewide scores. In New Hampshire, 77 percent of all third-graders who took the test scored proficient in reading, while 73 percent of Nashua third-graders were either proficient, Level 3, or proficient with distinction, Level 4.
Among sixth-graders at Fairgrounds Elementary School, 55 percent were proficient in reading, while 35 percent were proficient in math.
“Those early years are where we will make some headwinds,” he said.At the other end of the district, 60 percent of Nashua’s junior class scored proficient in reading, while 24 percent were proficient in math and 42 percent were proficient in writing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test