Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Londonderry residents honored before deliberative session
Honored at the start of the meeting was 2014 Citizen of the Year Bob Rimol of the Londonderry Trailways organization. Town officials said Rimol was instrumental in the opening of the town’s new Rail Trail, a paved path for walkers and cyclists.
Smith said the new town clerk’s duties would be part-time rather than full-time, and would be limited to such tasks as “vital statistics and dog licenses.”
“A town clerk does a lot more than vital statistics,” said Saur, who expressed concern over potential staffing shortages at Town Hall during election season.
If the budget passes next month, the result would be a tax rate impact of $4.86 per $1,000 valuation.
Smith said the proposed budget comes in at $33,000 under the default budget.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: How Obama has worsened inequality - 1
- Fergus Cullen: How an insured family, mine, ended up on the ACA exchange - 11
- John Stossel: The bogus war on women - 7
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 8
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents