Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Londonderry residents honored before deliberative session
Honored at the start of the meeting was 2014 Citizen of the Year Bob Rimol of the Londonderry Trailways organization. Town officials said Rimol was instrumental in the opening of the town’s new Rail Trail, a paved path for walkers and cyclists.
Smith said the new town clerk’s duties would be part-time rather than full-time, and would be limited to such tasks as “vital statistics and dog licenses.”
“A town clerk does a lot more than vital statistics,” said Saur, who expressed concern over potential staffing shortages at Town Hall during election season.
If the budget passes next month, the result would be a tax rate impact of $4.86 per $1,000 valuation.
Smith said the proposed budget comes in at $33,000 under the default budget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate