Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Londonderry residents honored before deliberative session
Honored at the start of the meeting was 2014 Citizen of the Year Bob Rimol of the Londonderry Trailways organization. Town officials said Rimol was instrumental in the opening of the town’s new Rail Trail, a paved path for walkers and cyclists.
Smith said the new town clerk’s duties would be part-time rather than full-time, and would be limited to such tasks as “vital statistics and dog licenses.”
“A town clerk does a lot more than vital statistics,” said Saur, who expressed concern over potential staffing shortages at Town Hall during election season.
If the budget passes next month, the result would be a tax rate impact of $4.86 per $1,000 valuation.
Smith said the proposed budget comes in at $33,000 under the default budget.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings