Home » News » Public Safety
Two-alarm fire causes damage to Canterbury home
“We made a good save,” said Canterbury Fire Department Capt. Adam Angwin.
Firefighters found the fire near a first-floor fireplace.
“The fire was underneath a hearth and the floor,” Angwin said. “We’re not sure yet where the fire came out and caught the rest of the (room walls) on fire.”
Fire crews quickly doused the flames.
“There was heavy damage around the chimney, and the chimney will have to be repaired, and there will have to be some remodeling of the house,” Angwin said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Football: Lawrence, Mass., tops Salem - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Manchester says streets will be clear for Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5K - 0
- Uber at $40 billion valuation would eclipse Twitter and Hertz - 0
- S&P 500 ends at high — boosted by tech - 0
- Black Friday specials expected to lure 140 million shoppers - 0
- George Will: Thanks for the entertainment, America - 0
- John Stossel: Be thankful for American property rights - 0
- Keene State to lead national initiative on economic inequality - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection