Home » News » Public Safety
Two-alarm fire causes damage to Canterbury home
“We made a good save,” said Canterbury Fire Department Capt. Adam Angwin.
Firefighters found the fire near a first-floor fireplace.
“The fire was underneath a hearth and the floor,” Angwin said. “We’re not sure yet where the fire came out and caught the rest of the (room walls) on fire.”
Fire crews quickly doused the flames.
“There was heavy damage around the chimney, and the chimney will have to be repaired, and there will have to be some remodeling of the house,” Angwin said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
- Conn. pair injured in ATV rollover in Henniker - 0
- Boy injured on bicycle, hit by pickup in Keene - 0
- Manchester driver dead in crash on I-293 - 0
- Fire destroys historic downtown Berlin building - 0
- Three-alarm fire destroys garage in Nottingham - 0
- Manchester man killed on I-293 apparently unconscious before crash - 0
- Fire destroys another historic Berlin building - 0
- Manchester woman injured in motorcycle crash dies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 7
- On Baseball: NH's Anderson glad to be back - 0
- Republican congressional candidate Lambert says he'd serve only 3 terms - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 4
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 0
DWI License Revocations
Market Basket shelves growing bare
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back