Home » News » Public Safety
Fire cleanup continues, Sanborn High in Kingston to reopen
In a statement issued Sunday night, principal Brian Stack said the school would reopen for normal operation, but that the bathroom, which sustained heavy damage, will remain closed for the next two to three weeks.
Fire Chief Bill Seaman said last week that he believed the fire had been intentionally set. The state fire marshal’s office was asked to help with the investigation.
“I would like to thank all of the emergency responders from Kingston and the surrounding communities who reacted quickly to keep us all safe,” Stack said in his statement.
While the deodorizers have been removed, Stack said the air scrubbing machines will remain in the hallways through this week. He said crews will also continue to work on cleaning out the HVAC system after school hours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run