Home » News » Public Safety
Fire cleanup continues, Sanborn High in Kingston to reopen
In a statement issued Sunday night, principal Brian Stack said the school would reopen for normal operation, but that the bathroom, which sustained heavy damage, will remain closed for the next two to three weeks.
Fire Chief Bill Seaman said last week that he believed the fire had been intentionally set. The state fire marshal’s office was asked to help with the investigation.
“I would like to thank all of the emergency responders from Kingston and the surrounding communities who reacted quickly to keep us all safe,” Stack said in his statement.
While the deodorizers have been removed, Stack said the air scrubbing machines will remain in the hallways through this week. He said crews will also continue to work on cleaning out the HVAC system after school hours.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth