Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Mass. man wanted in deadly home invasion arrested in Nashua
Roberto Lopez-Ortiz, 32, of Lowell, was charged with being a fugitive from justice. Nashua detectives assisted Lowell officers in making the arrest at 243 Main St.
He is the fifth man to be charged in the case. Jonathan Rivera, 23, of Nashua, Donte Okowuga, 24, of Merrimack, Kent A. Grays, 42, and Tarrane Tillis, 35, both of Lowell, all were arrested in connection with the Dec. 18 home invasion in which Christiano Diaz-Arias, 44, of 49 Second St., Lowell, was shot and killed in the hallway outside his apartment.
Law enforcement officials describe the crime as a "drug rip" gone wrong and identified Lopez-Ortiz as the shooter, according to the Lowell Sun. Lopez-Ortiz was shot in the hand in the incident and later was driven to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester where he was treated.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917